On July 21, 2018, Twin Rocks Officially Celebrated its Centennial!
100 Years of Ministry at Twin Rocks
At the core of the Centennial celebration were two opportunities to reflect on the past 100 years:
Photos from the July 21, 2018 Centennial Celebration…
Photos by Ron Dingman.
A Snapshot of the Day…
9:30am-11:45am – Garibaldi Parking at the Old Mill RV Park & Event Center (210 3rd Street) and ride a shuttle to Twin Rocks Friends Camp.
10:00am – (Special Option) Train Ride to Camp from Garibaldi aboard the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad! (See below for details.)
10:30am – Festivities began
- Celebrating God’s Faithfulness
- Museum: A Remarkable Century of Camp Ministry
- Reunion / Display Tents
- Fun for the Family
- Classic Camp Activities – Boating at Spring Lake, Archery, Gaga Ball, Human Foosball, Miniature Golf, Fun at the Beach
- Special Attractions – Inflatables, Portable Climbing Wall, Centennial Crafts
- Kettle Corn, Sno Cones, Cotton Candy, and Espresso
11:30am-1pm – Lunch on the Lawn
- Live Music – Camp Music Spanning the Decades
- Food Stations:
- Salmon Sandwiches, Clam Chowder, Barbecue Brisket, Hamburger and Hot Dog Sliders
- Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Options
- Green Salad, Fruit Salad, Quinoa Salad
2-3:15pm – Under the Big Top Tent: Celebrating 100 Years
- Centennial Dessert
- Twin Rocks Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies & Tillamook Ice Cream
- Special Presentations
- Twin Rocks Testimonials
- An Abundant Century Video Presentation
- A Look to the Future (and opportunity to participate in its success)
3:15pm – Continuation of Morning Activities
4pm – Conclusion (Shuttle buses returned attendees to their cars in Garibaldi from 3:15-4:30pm).
ABOUT THE CENTENNIAL…
Arrival to the Centennial in Style Aboard the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad!
A special Twin Rocks Centennial excursion train was available from Garibaldi to the camp. The train is operated by the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad, who graciously offered a discounted rate to attendees of the Centennial.