Camp is on!
It has been quite a year in 2020, but we are pleased to be able to operate day camps for elementary and middle school this summer.
Registration is now open for the week of August 3rd-7th! There will be two camps running:
• Day Camp – for campers entering Grades 1-5 this fall.
Space is extremely limited for these camps!
We believe camp is an important enrichment activity for children in Oregon, offering unique social and spiritual opportunities for growth. Detailed safety procedures from the State of Oregon, combined with our usual high standards for health and safety, make it possible for Twin Rocks to offer five weeks of camp. Read about what we are doing to keep campers, staff, and the community safe here.
Some important notes:
- Camp will run from 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday.
- Camper groups will be size limited to 10. We will make every effort to honor requests for specific putting campers in groups together.
- Middle School Day Camp will operate independently from the elementary-age day camp, and include additional activities.
- We have put numerous enhanced health and safety measures in place for these camps.
- The July and August camps will likely include some campers and staff who reside outside of Tillamook County.
- Camp size is significantly limited, so register today!
Day Camp at Twin Rocks Friends Camp provides opportunities for children and middle school students to experience the beauty of God’s creation as they play and learn in the great outdoors. High quality staff and counselors lead groups of campers through a variety of activities which might include anything from rafting on the lake and hiking on the trails to playing miniature golf and shooting some arrows on the archery range. Singing camp songs and listening to exciting stories round out what might happen on any given day at camp.
Quotes from Parents
“We were very pleased with our son’s very first camp experience!”
“In my daughter’s words, her favorite part of Day Camp was ‘Everything!’ She loved every part of day camp, going on the Extreme Swing, building the cabin, singing songs, and going in the water were all definitely highlights for her.”
“Careful planning, organization and kindness was put into all the camp staff’s efforts.”
What will my child experience at Day Camp?
At Day Camp, your child will have the opportunity to…
• Enjoy swimming and boating at Spring Lake
• Explore Charlotte’s Mountain on a nature hike
• Shoot arrows on the archery range
• Sing some favorite camp songs and learn new ones
• Take a turn on the Zip Line (grades 4-8 only)
• Play a round of Mini-Golf
• Build sandcastles, find seashells, and play at the beach
• Learn about God’s love and what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ
A backpack with swimsuit & towel, sweatshirt or jacket, and wear your tennis/athletic shoes!
Registration Limit and Cohorts:
- Twin Rocks’ food service team will provide a breakfast snack and lunch each day
- Campers will be in stable groups of 10 throughout each camp week. We will make every effort to honor requests to put specific campers in groups together.
Unique to the August week of camp, we will have limited housing options available for families registering at least one day camper. During Day Camp hours, those not attending camp will be required to leave the camp’s grounds. Breakfast, dinner, and a sack lunch will be provided for everyone staying on site. Each family staying on site must follow physical distancing and face covering regulations from the State of Oregon. If you are interested in this option or have additional questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Twin Rocks Program Directors