July & August 2020
Join us for made-to-order Family Vacation Adventures at the beach!
Bring your family to the beautiful Oregon coast for relaxation, adventure, and meaningful time together. Enjoy the charms of the coast, explore along the beach, and take in Twin Rocks’ wide variety of wonderful camp activities.
Enjoy excellent meals from our kitchen, join other families for times of worship (physically distanced) on our meadow, play miniature golf, swim in Spring Lake, and compete in a sandcastle contest. If you want, simply spend a day relaxing! Or venture off-site and visit local tide pools, rent beach bicycles, buy an ice cream cone, or kayak in Nehalem Bay. Conclude your days around a campfire circle, singing songs, eating s’mores, and thanking God for family.
Twin Rocks provides each family with a comfortable cabin, complete with restroom. Bring your own linens, or upgrade to hotel-style accommodations in Pacific Woods Lodge.
Half-week and full-week retreats will be held throughout July & August 2020. Space is limited, so register today!
Your Family Vacation Adventure will be personalized to your family. Seemingly endless possibilities await you, all within strong safety guidelines.
What are Family Vacation Adventures?
- A chance to spend time outdoors enjoying the beauty of God’s magnificent creation.
- An opportunity to play together as a family, to bond through activities, over meals, and around campfires, and to listen to God together.
- A place to gather with family and friends through our cohort model for activities. (Cohorts are limited to 10 people.)
- An occasion to disconnect from the events of the world and enjoy a different pace of activity.
- A safety-first format.
- A vacation you can design, choosing to adventure in the ways that bring your family closer together.
Full Week & Half-Week Options (Participants choose their preferred length of stay):
- Full-Week Option (normally 3pm Monday – 11am Sunday) Reserving an entire week for Family Vacation Adventures provides a spacious and relaxed family getaway.
Available full weeks: July 13-19, July 20-26, August 24-30, and (likely) September 1-7.
- Half-Week Option (normally 3pm Monday – 10am Thursday; or 4pm Thursday – 11am Sunday) For those unable to attend a full week’s session, a three-night version is available, with midweek and long weekend options.
Available half-weeks: July 2-5, July 13-16, July 16-19, July 20-23, July 23-26, August 24-27, August 27-30, (likely) September 1-4, (likely) September 4-7.
Some of the activities you might enjoy on your Family Vacation Adventure:
- Miniature golf
- Boating and swimming at Spring Lake
- An afternoon in a hammock
- Carpet ball
- Gaga ball
- Disc golf
- Pool, air hockey, and ping-pong tables
- An evening roasting s’mores around your own firepit
- Forest hikes
- Taking you family through the Twin Rocks Prayer Walk
- Singing together during morning and evening sessions in our meadow
For an additional fee, enjoy activities like:
- Build a birdhouse
- Shark dissection
- Zip lining
Or, let us guide you to off-site excursions (for fees paid to provider), such as:
- Beach bicycle rentals in Rockaway Beach
- Kayak rentals in Nehalem Bay
- Scenic train rides along the Coast
- Oregon Coast Railriders
- Crabbing in Tillamook Bay
- Great places to find ice cream, clam chowder, and “pronto pups”
- And more!
A Sample Daily Adventure:
- 8am – Breakfast
- 9am – Social-Distanced Gathering in Meadow for Worship & Family Devotions
- 10am – Activity #1 – Miniature Golf & Carpet Ball
- 11am – Kayaking at Spring Lake
- Noon – Lunch
- 1pm – Hang out near the cabin and relax
- 2pm – Sand Dollar class in Nature Center
- 3pm – Cross the bridge for a walk on the beach
- 4pm – Swimming at Spring Lake
- 5pm – Supper
- 6pm – Social-Distanced Gathering in Meadow for Worship
- 7pm – S’mores at private fire circle
- 8pm – Head for Bed
- A standard room (bring your own bedding) with restroom for you and your family:
- $500/person for full-week (Mon-Sun)
- $250/person for midweek half-week (Mon-Thurs)
- $350/person for weekend (Thurs-Sun)
- A deluxe room (hotel-style with linens included) with restroom for you and your family:
- $600/person for full-week
- $300/person for midweek half-week
- $400/person for weekend
- Children ages 3-8 attend for half price, ages 0-2 are free.
Prices include all lodging, meals and program expenses (a few optional activities, such as zip lining and shark dissection, require a small additional fee). Some scholarships are available. Please don’t let a lack of funds deter your family from coming. For scholarship details, please contact us at 503-355-2284.
The COVID-19 pandemic has deeply affected us all. Health and safety, always a top priority for our camps, have taken on new depth in light of recent events. Please see our new Health and Safety in 2020 page for more details, and feel free to reach out with any questions.
For more specific information, please contact Twin Rocks Executive Director Ken Beebe.