Join us for made-to-order Family Adventures at the beach!
Bring your family to the beautiful Oregon coast for relaxation, adventure, and meaningful time together. Enjoy the charms of the coast, explore along the beach, and take in Twin Rocks’ wide variety of wonderful camp activities.
Enjoy excellent meals from our kitchen, join other families for times of worship on our meadow, play miniature golf, swim in Spring Lake, and compete in a sandcastle contest. If you want, simply spend a day relaxing! Or venture off-site and visit local tide pools, rent beach bicycles, buy an ice cream cone, or kayak in Nehalem Bay. Conclude your days around a campfire circle, singing songs, eating s’mores, and thanking God for family.
Twin Rocks provides each family with a comfortable cabin, complete with restroom. Bring your own linens, or upgrade to hotel-style accommodations in Pacific Woods Lodge.
Half-week and full-week retreats are available. Your Family Adventure will be personalized to your family. Seemingly endless possibilities await you, all within strong safety guidelines.
As of August 28, 2021: Thankfully, though COVID restrictions exist, Family Vacation Adventures can operate without difficulty. The State of Oregon currently requires facemasks indoors, and outdoors when physical distancing can’t be maintained. Family Vacation Adventures will be held almost exclusively outdoors, with camp activities that easily allow your family to be physically distanced from other families, thus reducing required masking to a bare minimum. In the event of inclement weather, a large “outdoor” tent offers excellent space for times of worship and recreation. Of course, families who choose to mask at all times will be fully supported by Twin Rocks and enabled to enjoy a fun and meaningful family adventure at the Oregon Coast.
Quotes from Recent Participants:
- Thank you so much for the great experience. We want to come back again.
- You guys undersell yourself on your website. This place is AWESOME!
- It was the best.
- Being able to hike through the mountain trails and take in the views as well as walk over to the beach and watch the sunsets, and gathering around a fire and talking with family helped release months of built up stress from COVID. Thank you.
- The kids are already asking when we will return.
- The best camp experience I’ve had; truly amazing place.
What are Family Adventures?
- A chance to spend time outdoors enjoying the beauty of God’s magnificent creation.
- An opportunity to play together as a family, to bond through activities, over meals, and around campfires, and to listen to God together.
- A place to gather with family and friends.
- An occasion to disconnect from the events of the world and enjoy a different pace of activity.
- A safety-first format.
- A vacation you can design, choosing to adventure in the ways that bring your family closer together.
Full Week & Half-Week Options (Participants choose their preferred length of stay):
Half-Week Option (normally 3pm Monday – 10am Thursday; or 4pm Thursday – 11am Sunday) Available half-weeks:
- July 2-5, 2021 (4th of July Weekend, complete with local Rockaway Beach fireworks!)
- July 5-8, 2021
- September 3-6, 2021 (Labor Day Weekend)
Full-Week Option Reserving an entire week for Family Adventures provides a spacious and relaxed family getaway. Available full week:
- July 2-8, 2021 (3pm Friday – 10am Thursday)
Some of the activities you might enjoy on your Family Adventure:
- Miniature golf
- Boating and swimming at Spring Lake
- An afternoon in a hammock
- Carpet ball
- Gaga ball
- Disc golf
- Pool, air hockey, and ping-pong tables
- An evening roasting s’mores around your own firepit
- Forest hikes
- Taking you family through the Twin Rocks Prayer Walk
- Singing together during morning and evening sessions in our meadow
For an additional fee, enjoy activities like:
- Build a birdhouse
- Shark dissection
- Zip lining
Or, let us guide you to off-site excursions (for fees paid to provider), such as:
- 4th of July fireworks in Rockaway Beach! (no fee)
- Beach bicycle rentals in Rockaway Beach
- Kayak rentals in Nehalem Bay
- Scenic train rides along the Coast
- Oregon Coast Railriders
- Crabbing in Tillamook Bay
- Great places to find ice cream, clam chowder, and “pronto pups”
- And more!
A Sample Daily Adventure:
- 8am – Breakfast
- 9am – Gathering in Meadow for Worship & Family Devotions
- 10am – Activity #1 – Miniature Golf & Carpet Ball
- 11am – Kayaking at Spring Lake
- Noon – Lunch
- 1pm – Hang out near the cabin and relax
- 2pm – Sand Dollar class in Nature Center
- 3pm – Cross the bridge for a walk on the beach
- 4pm – Swimming at Spring Lake
- 5pm – Supper
- 6pm – Gathering in Meadow for Worship
- 7pm – S’mores at private fire circle
- 8pm – Head for Bed
Twin Rocks utilizes a tiered pricing model for its cabins. Please choose the cabin price your family can afford.
Prices include all lodging, meals and program expenses (a few optional activities, such as zip lining and shark dissection, require a small additional fee).
In addition to the tiered pricing for cabins, some additional scholarships are available. Please don’t let a lack of funds deter your family from coming. For further scholarship details, please contact us at 503-355-2284.
More Quotes from Recent Participants:
- Had a great time! We really enjoyed the format.
- This was our first trip here and it was wonderful. We will be back!
- We love Twin Rocks! Thank you for all you do.
- Our son had an amazing time zip lining, golfing and going to archery. He wants to stay more and doesn’t want to leave.
- Best family getaway we ever went on. Absolutely fantastic and kids did not want to leave!
- It was a great way to get away from all of life’s worries and just breathe in Gods beauty. The sunset was amazing and all in all I’m leaving more in tune and so grateful to God for all of his mercy for us. Thank you!
- Quote from 4 year old – “This is the best and a fun place.”
- The people are so willing to help and be flexible. I feel like we are in a resort hotel with five-stars! Bathrooms are immaculate!