Purpose for the Position
Our staff provides the setting and support services that allow our guests and summer campers to grow in their relationships with God. This position is primarily to direct preparation of and prepare food for campers and staff.
- Direct preparation of breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner baked goods
- Prepare specified menu items, predominately baked goods
- Serve food to guests and camp staff
- Wash pots and pans; dish room when other staff are not scheduled
- Deep cleaning of kitchen facilities as time allows
- Other duties as determined by the Food Service Director
- Occasional housekeeping/turnover
- An attitude of service and a commitment to Twin Rocks Friends Camp and its ministry
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the organizational goals, including a signed agreement with Twin Rocks statement of faith and community responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in giving and following instructions
Skills and Abilities
- Maintain a viable, growing relationship with Christ and exemplify that relationship in daily life
- Ability to direct preparation of food to other food service staff
- Ability to prepare baked items, using recipes and
- A person given to hospitality meeting the needs of our staff and guests in food service
- Ability to work under tight time schedules staying focused on the task and yet maintaining a positive
- A genuine concern to maintain the quality of food prepared for campers at Twin Rocks Friends Camp
- Ability to operate food service institutional equipment
Environmental conditions & Physical Demands
The position involves working in a food service institutional kitchen. In the summer months it may become warm with the weather and the use of ovens. It is necessary to be in good physical condition. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work on your feet.
Able to communicate clearly in English with kitchen staff, regular staff, and guests. Able to read and develop recipes.
Specific Vocational Preparation
- Experience in management of food service staff
- Ability to prepare a variety of institutional menu items, using institutional recipes
This is a year round, paid Lead Worker position. This position comes with benefits provided to Twin Rocks’ Lead Workers (Vacation, holiday, sick time, optional 401(k), …). Benefits scale depending on if hired as full or part time.
This position will have a six-month probationary period.
Food Service Director