Purpose for the Position
Twin Rocks Friends Camp & Conference Center takes joy in providing camps and retreats at the Oregon Coast for kids, youth, adults, and families, each with a common purpose: to use God’s creation and a Christ-centered environment to promote personal growth and devotion to Jesus Christ. The Program Director works with a wide swath of staff and volunteers to oversee the successful implementation of these programs. Typically, the Program Director oversees numerous camps/retreats each year, ranging from kids/youth camps and outdoor schools to family conferences, couples retreats and prayer retreats. The Program Director also hires and supervises year-round interns, a college-age Summer Staff, and a high school servant leadership program. Given the breadth of the job, the camp’s success closely follows that of the Program Director.
- Ensure the successful operation of Twin Rocks’ summer youth camps by overseeing the planning and implementation of summer camp sessions.
- Ensure the successful operation of Twin Rocks’ leadership development programs (one for high school students, one for college-age individuals, and an intern program for young adults).
- Assist in the facilitation of other programs offered by Twin Rocks Friends Camp, including ones targeted to serve adults and families.
- Assist in the facilitation of program components offered to guest rental groups.
- Oversee the work of the camp’s Outdoor Education Director and other program staff.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and oversight of new programs that facilitate the creation of resilient followers of Jesus Christ.
- Serve on the camp’s Leadership Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attitude of service and a commitment to Twin Rocks Friends Camp and its ministry.
- Possess an evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the organization’s goals, including a signed agreement with Twin Rocks’ statement of faith and lifestyle expectations.
- Background and involvement with evangelical Friends Church and/or Twin Rocks Friends Camp preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and over the phone.
- Previous camp program administrative experience and training strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or above strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully supervise employees and manage a department.
- Ability to undertake “essential responsibilities” in a timely, friendly, respectful, detail-oriented manner.
Environmental Conditions & Physical Demands
It is extremely helpful to be in good physical condition and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
This person will need to be open to other duties as assigned, including periodically working in other departments. Duties will sometimes include food service preparation, dishwashing, guest hosting, and cabin cleaning, among others.
Able to communicate clearly – verbally and in writing – in English with staff, guests, vendors, and volunteers. Proficiency in other languages helpful.
Skills & Abilities
- Maintain a viable, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and exemplify that relationship in daily life.
- Ability to work with other staff in planning logistics and other decision-making.
- Self-motivated person who can anticipate the needs of staff and campers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and issues at the same time and yet maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to oversee the management of office machines.
- Ability to interact extremely well with others, including campers, co-workers, and parents.
- Ability to successfully supervise employees.
This is a full-time, year-round management position, eligible for the management-level benefit package as outlined in Twin Rocks’ Employee Handbook. Among other things, this includes salary, 401(k) retirement fund, funds for health insurance for employee and family, and paid vacation/holiday/sick time. On average, the person in this position works 48 hours/week.
Positions at Twin Rocks Friends Camp are subject to a six-month probationary period.
Twin Rocks Executive Director