Family Vacation Adventures
July 14-16, 2023
Family Vacation Adventures
July 14-16, 2023
Join us for made-to-order Family Adventures Weekend at the beach!
Twin Rocks Friends Camp’s newest program is proving to be a huge hit with families of all shapes and sizes.
Family Vacation Adventures is a chance to get outside, take in the beauty of nature, have fun with family, and de-stress. Paddle across a lake. Build sandcastles at the beach. Play ping-pong. Hold a live sand dollar. Take a walk in the woods. Ride a zip line. Roast marshmallows. Eat ice cream. Breathe deep. Read a Scripture passage and thank God for the blessings of family. All of this and much more await your family at Twin Rocks this summer. Spend the weekend sleeping in a comfortable cabin, enjoying family-friendly meals, and basking in your personalized assortment of adventures.
Please note: The COVID restrictions briefly mentioned in this video no longer exist.
Bring your family to the beautiful Oregon coast for relaxation, adventure, and meaningful time together. Enjoy the charms of the coast, explore along the beach, and take in Twin Rocks’ wide variety of wonderful camp activities.
Enjoy excellent meals from our kitchen, join other families for times of worship on our meadow, play miniature golf, swim in Spring Lake, and compete in a sandcastle contest. If you want, simply spend a day relaxing! Or venture off-site and visit local tide pools, rent beach bicycles, buy an ice cream cone, or kayak in Nehalem Bay. Conclude your days around a campfire circle, singing songs, eating s’mores, and thanking God for family.
Twin Rocks provides each family with a comfortable cabin, complete with restroom. Bring your own linens, or upgrade to hotel-style accommodations in Pacific Woods Lodge.
Your Family Adventure will be personalized to your family. Seemingly endless possibilities await you.
What are Family Adventures?
- A chance to spend time outdoors enjoying the beauty of God’s magnificent creation.
- An opportunity to play together as a family, to bond through activities, over meals, and around campfires, and to listen to God together.
- A place to gather with family and friends.
- An occasion to disconnect from the events of the world and enjoy a different pace of activity.
- A family vacation you can design, choosing to adventure in the ways that bring your family closer together.
Some of the activities you might enjoy on your Family Adventures
- Miniature golf
- Boating and swimming at Spring Lake
- An afternoon in a hammock
- Carpet ball
- Gaga ball
- Disc golf
- Pool, air hockey, and ping-pong tables
- An evening roasting s’mores around your own firepit
- Forest hikes
- Taking you family through the Twin Rocks Prayer Walk
- Singing together during morning and evening sessions in our meadow
For an additional fee, enjoy activities like:
- Build a birdhouse
- Shark dissection
- Zip lining
Or, let us guide you to off-site excursions (for fees paid to provider), such as:
- Beach bicycle rentals in Rockaway Beach
- Kayak rentals in Nehalem Bay
- Scenic train rides along the Coast
- Oregon Coast Railriders
- Crabbing in Tillamook Bay
- Great places to find ice cream, clam chowder, and “pronto pups”
- And more!
Quotes from Recent Participants:
- Thank you so much for the great experience. We want to come back again.
- You guys undersell yourself on your website. This place is AWESOME!
- It was the best.
- Being able to hike through the mountain trails and take in the views as well as walk over to the beach and watch the sunsets, and gathering around a fire and talking with family helped release months of built up stress…. Thank you.
- The kids are already asking when we will return.
- The best camp experience I’ve had; truly amazing place.
- Had a great time! We really enjoyed the format.
- This was our first trip here and it was wonderful. We will be back!
- We love Twin Rocks! Thank you for all you do.
- Our son had an amazing time zip lining, golfing and going to archery. He wants to stay more and doesn’t want to leave.
- Best family getaway we ever went on. Absolutely fantastic and kids did not want to leave!
- It was a great way to get away from all of life’s worries and just breathe in Gods beauty. The sunset was amazing and all in all I’m leaving more in tune and so grateful to God for all of his mercy for us. Thank you!
- Quote from 4 year old – “This is the best and a fun place.”
- The people are so willing to help and be flexible. I feel like we are in a resort hotel with five-stars! Bathrooms are immaculate!
A Sample Daily Adventure:
- 8am – Breakfast
- 9am – Gathering in Meadow for Worship & Family Devotions
- 10am – Activity #1 – Miniature Golf & Carpet Ball
- 11am – Kayaking at Spring Lake
- Noon – Lunch
- 1pm – Hang out near the cabin and relax
- 2pm – Sand Dollar class in Nature Center
- 3pm – Cross the bridge for a walk on the beach
- 4pm – Swimming at Spring Lake
- 5pm – Supper
- 6pm – Gathering in Meadow for Worship
- 7pm – S’mores at private fire circle
- 8pm – Head for Bed
For more specific information, please contact Twin Rocks’ Program Director.